Monday, June 9, 2014

Time to Activate: Get Writing

I am embarrassed, because I haven't even looked at my blog for so long, and here it stands idle, because I have been "busy."  Really ????

Ok, no more excuses.

Have been working on a new book, and I need some help with the title.  The one I am going with is:  The Follow Up Doctor's Prescription for Networking and Follow Up.  Any thoughts?

When you put together a manuscript, if you are lucky enough to find Dan Poynter's Writing Nonfiction:  Turning Thoughts into Books you know how important it is to have a title that tells the tale, and hopefully along with great cover art, encourages people to explore it.

After the title, Dan encourages you to write the back cover first, so you really get a handle on who you are writing it for, and what topics you want to discuss.  Then you get a notebook.  Yes, a 3-ring notebook and put the dividers in it for each chapter, or section.  I have done all that, and now am going through the notes to write the individual chapters.

To be thorough in my covering the topic, I'd really like to hear from you about your networking and follow up challenges.  With your permission, they will be included in the book.  I have my own stories, but a writers' group I was in told me I need stories from you.  Help me out here, ok?

As I complete each section, I'll be posting what I think are the bullet points that will help you be a better networker, and improve your approach to follow up, which I believe is the critical element, and one that gets buried, and forgotten about.  So don't leave money on the table.  Make sure you follow up with your best contacts, until as my mentor Eric Lofholm says, they buy or die.  Not to be too graphic, but only if you can persist will you be successful.

Be sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

All the best until next time, Trust me I'm a Doctor, The Follow Up Doctor
Dr. Kaaren

No comments:

Post a Comment